Fresno Area (CA) Writing Workshop
Teaching Writing: A Workshop for Parents
Coming Sept 30, 2006
Your families may be interested in learning about an upcoming writing workshop in Friant, CA, just outside of Fresno. This 6-hour workshop is presented by Kim Kautzer and Debbie Oldar, authors of WriteShop: An Incremental Writing Program.
Homeschooling parents and co-op teachers alike will learn how to teach writing to their junior high and high school students. The seminar will help parents:
- identify age-appropriate composition requirements
- identify and teach the elements of a strong paragraph
- understand the brainstorming, writing, and revising processes
- identify common errors of style and mechanics
- subjectively edit and evaluate their student's writing
This popular one-day workshop offers much more than lecture! Active participation gives first-hand understanding as well as practical, hands-on experience. It is NOT necessary to use WriteShop curriculum to benefit from this helpful class.
(Note: The workshop is geared toward parents of 6th-10th graders, but others may still beinterested in the basic principles.)
At a glance:
- What: Teaching Writing: A Workshop for Parents
- When: Saturday, Sept. 30 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Where: 17304 Parkcliffe, Friant, CA
- Cost: $35 (includes syllabus); $40 for married couples
- Contact: Debbie Oldar or (909) 947-5714
A registration flyer is available for more information and directions at: WriteShop.com
Feel free to make copies of the registration form and distribute it to your families through your newsletter or other means. If you prefer, we would be happy to mail you one if you reply with your address.
WriteShop is featured
in Cathy Duffy's book,
100 Top Picks for